Cardano is built by a decentralized community of scientists, engineers, and thought leaders united in a common purpose: to create a technology platform that will ignite the positive change the world needs. We believe the future should not be defined by the past, and that more is possible – and, through technology, can be made possible for all. We measure the worth of a task not by its challenge, but by its results.
Every Ada holder also holds a stake in the Cardano network. Ada stored in a wallet can be delegated to a stake pool to earn rewards – to participate in the successful running of the network – or pledged to a stake pool to increase the pool’s likelihood of receiving rewards. In time, ada will also be usable for a variety of applications and services on the Cardano platform.
Cardano brings a new standard in technology – open and inclusive – to challenge the old and activate a new age of sustainable, globally-distributed innovation.
From the incremental to global, Cardano improves how we interact, transact, and create – and ultimately operate as a global society.
Cardano is a blockchain platform built on the groundbreaking Ouroboros proof-of-stake consensus protocol, and developed using the Haskell programming language: a functional programming language that enables Cardano to pursue evidence-based development, for unparalleled security and stability. (Discover Cardano, 2020)
Technology realized through evidence-based science
Cardano.org. 2020. Discover Cardano. [online] Available at: <https://cardano.org/discover-cardano/> [Accessed 26 October 2020].
- What IOG has delivered for Cardano November 18, 2022
- The University of Edinburgh and IOG introduce the Edinburgh Decentralization Index November 18, 2022
- IOG announces new blockchain to protect data and safeguard technology freedoms November 18, 2022
- Cardano builder IOG and University of Edinburgh to create first ever index to provide industry standard metric for crypto decentralization November 18, 2022
- ZK-Lab – investigating the foundations of zero-knowledge proofs November 18, 2022